Delectably smooth, richly sweet and unexpectedly captivating with a pop of salty, our Sea Salt Caramel Sauce takes desserts to a whole new level. Pour it over ice cream, dip fresh cut fruit into it or slather it over pound cake. It's a remarkable treat that you'll crave after every meal.
Pure Cane Sugar, Heavy Cream (milk), *Corn Syrup, Caramelized Sugar Syrup, Unrefined Sea Salt, Vanilla Extract, Lecithin (soy), Carrageenan (carrageenan, maltodextrin) *Contains Corn Produced with Genetic Engineering
Recipe - Sea Salt Caramel Apple Calzone's
4 - 6 Servings
1 pound premade pizza dough
3-4 apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
½ cup Stonewall Kitchen Sea Salt Caramel Sauce, plus extra for dipping
1 cup ricotta cheese
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
• 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 400°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or
prepare a pizza stone according to stone's directions.
2. Toss the apple slices with the cornstarch until slices are all covered. Add Sea
Salt Caramel Sauce and gently toss until coated.
3. Mix together the ricotta cheese with 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
4. Divide the pizza dough into 4 sections. Roll out one section on a floured
surface to be about ¼" thick circle. Line half of the circle with ¼ cup of the
ricotta and top with ¼ of the apple caramel mixture, leaving the outer 1'
5. Fold the empty dough over the apples and to create a half circle and pinch the
edges together well with floured fingers. Roll the edges inward to create a
6. In a small bowl, mix together the remaining cinnamon with the granulated
7. Place the calzones onto the prepared pans. With a sharp knife, make 2-3 slits
along the top to allow air out. Brush the tops with melted butter and sprinkle
with cinnamon sugar mixture. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until calzones have
8. Serve warm with additional Sea Salt Caramel Sauce for dipping